Carbon Black Technology
Better Preforming, Environmentally Superior Carbon Blacks
Klean Commodities provides high-quality Carbon Blacks and Carbon Black substitutes along with one-to-one replacements for many ASTM furnace carbon blacks in tires and technical rubber goods. Our Carbon Blacks are manufactured with great attention to detail all the way from feedstock procurement to finished manufactured Carbon Black. Our holistic approach provides our customers with better products that feature not only lower prices but those that feature significantly lower emissions profiles than other carbon blacks.
Today, our ASTM rated Carbon Blacks and alternative CBk Carbon Blacks are used in – pigmenting (colorants), UV stabilizing and conductive agents in a variety of common and specialty products, including:
- Industrial Rubber Products: Our Carbon Black (including CBk Carbon Blacks) is used in many molded and extruded industrial rubber products, such as belts, hoses, gaskets, diaphragms, vibration isolation devices, bushings, air springs, chassis bumpers, and multiple types of pads, boots, wiper blades, fascia, conveyor wheels, and grommets.
- Plastics: Our Carbon Blacks (including CBk Carbon Blacks) are widely used for masterbatch applications, such as conductive packaging, films, fibers, moldings, pipes and semi-conductive cables, compounds in products such as refuse sacks, industrial bags, photographic containers, agriculture mulch film, stretch wrap, and thermoplastic molding applications for automotive, electrical/electronics, household appliances and blow-molded containers.
- Toners and Printing Inks: Our Carbon Blacks (including CBk Carbon Blacks) enhance formulations and deliver broad flexibility in meeting specific color requirements.
- Coatings: Carbon Blacks (including CBk Carbon Blacks) provide pigmentation, conductivity and UV protection for a number of coating applications automotive (primer basecoats and clearcoats), marine, aerospace, decorative, wood, and industrial coatings.
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Compounds: Our latest Carbon Blacks (including CBk Carbon Blacks) are carefully designed to transform electrical characteristics from insulating to conductive in products such as electronics packaging, safety applications, and automotive parts.
Klean Commodities connects Carbon Black producers with Carbon Black users and buyers directly with producers. Our traditional Carbon Black product portfolio consists of cross section of Carbon Blacks with a large sales volume focused on N500 Series, N600 Series and N700 Series Carbon Blacks. These Carbon Blacks are produced in partnership with world leading industrial Carbon Black partners and are marketed through the Klean Commodities website. Our primary business is the marketing, sales, trading and distribution of quality, more sustainably produced Carbon Blacks and commodities as a whole.
Our Carbon Black Sales Team has been actively involved in Carbon Black business for over 25 years and continues to maintain strong relationships throughout the Carbon Black Industry. The Team has been involved in building and constructing some of the world’s largest Carbon Black production plants and distribution centers operating today. Our Team continues to consult with major Carbon Black manufacturers and is actively involved in Carbon Black product development including the development of new compounds and concentrates using alternative and/or substitute Carbon Blacks. These new Carbon Black products are changing the landscape of traditional manufacturing techniques and formulas as we apply newer, more efficient, technologies and advanced process equipment into our product manufacturing pipeline.
Independent Certifications and Verified Proven Commercial Results: